Frequently Asked Questions
- I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a publication for Virginia VFW. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
- We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new members publication. PCI is a company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Virginia VFW to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our members and how we can better serve you and future members.
- How do I know my information will only be used for publication purposes?
- Virginia VFW has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
- a. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by Virginia VFW for the publication of the Publication will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Publication and except as required by court order or law.
- b. The Publication will be made available only to members of Virginia VFW. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Virginia VFW any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Virginia VFW or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Publication.
- I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Virginia VFW project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the numbers for the Virginia VFW members is 1-877-447-1518
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1.800.982.1590.
- Can anyone purchase a publication?
- The Virginia VFW members Publication is available for sale only to Virginia VFW members.
- When will I receive my publication?
- The total duration of the publication project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in January 2016, the publication will be distributed in January 2017
- Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the publication?
- When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (1.800.982.1590) or to the Virginia VFW office.
- I ordered a publication/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
- Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1.800.982.1590, and they will take care of this for you.